With summer just around the corner, it’s time to start thinking about what you’ll be revealing when you shed those winter layers. The time to start shaping up for your summer body goals is right now and these tips will help get you there!
5 Quick Tips To Meet Your Summer Body Goals:
- Do a Diet Shape Up: If you spent your winter indulging in heavy comfort food, now is the time to make some healthy adjustments. Choose fresh fruits and vegetables, lean meats, and whole grains for a fresh, balanced diet. There are so many delicious fruits and vegetables available in the spring and summer so go ahead and enjoy. Go to a farm to pick blueberries or strawberries, join a farm co-op to get the freshest local vegetables available. Start now making healthy decisions about what you are putting into your body.
- Hydrate: When your body is not properly hydrated it can cause you to retain fluids. This is particularly true if you drink soda – even diet soda. Most soda contains high amounts of sodium which cause your body to retain fluid. Additionally, the caffeine in soda, tea, and coffee promotes fluid retention so if you drink any of these you need to counteract the fluid retention effects by drinking plain, pure water. If you need a flavorful boost, try dropping some orange, lemon, apple, or strawberry slices in a pitcher of ice water.
- Discover Interval Training: Interval training combines low intensity exercises and high intensity exercises to create an intense, high calorie burning workout experience. By interspersing short bursts of high intensity exercise with longer phases of moderate intensity exercise you can see greater results in a shorter period of time. Alternate between high and low intensitycycling or switch between jogging and sprinting. You can incorporate any exercises into your own custom interval training plan for maximum results.
- Improve Your Posture: Not only will better posture help you look taller and leaner, it will also help you burn more calories. You will feel confident and be more resistant to injury. Good posture helps improve your workout, making your movements more effective. Your muscles work more efficiently meaning that you use less energy for more movement so muscle fatigue and strain are prevented. This means you can work out longer and better, so stand up straight!
- Get Some Sleep: Different people require different amounts of sleep and that changes with age. However, chances are you aren’t getting enough sleep – the majority of Americans don’t. Aim for 7 to 8 hours a night. This allows several cycles of REM sleep, the sleep phase that restores the body and brain, allowing the release of critical hormones and promotes system-wide repair. Turning in early also tends to be an important factor to the best, most restful and restorative sleep. Be good to your body and give it the rest that it needs.
Which tip do you need to focus on to meet your summer body goals? Share it with us in the comments below!