A light and comforting dessert, cobbler is always a favorite. This on-the-go version in a mason jar is low in added sugar, low in fat, and provides great nutrients, whole grains, and fiber. Fresh berries and your favorite granola are all you need to bring some sweet dessert along for your busy day!
Healthy Berry Cobbler That Will Blow Your Mind
• 1 cup mixed raspberries and blackberries; frozen or fresh
• 1 tsp honey
• 1 tsp lemon juice
• 1/4 cup granola of choice
• Optional: Greek yogurt or whipped cream for topping
*Substitute berries with your favorite seasonal fruits to make this dessert into exactly what you’re craving. Apples, peaches, and cherries all make great cobblers.
1) In a small saucepan, combine berries, lemon juice, and honey. Heat on low for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2) After 10 minutes, the berries should be soft, and a sauce will have formed.
3) In a mason jar with a fitted lid, layer the berry compote with granola for dessert on-the-go!
• Makes one parfait
• 170-200 kcal (will vary depending on granola used)
• 3 g protein
• 2 g fat
• 8 g added sugar